"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: 'I am with you kid. Let's go.'" - Maya Angelou

Monday, September 17, 2012

Ballerina Girl

I don't know about you moms of girls out there, but for me, one of the first things I looked forward to as soon as the doctor told me "It's a Girl!!" is ballet lessons.  It's something I grew up with & loved, & I very much wanted to share that with my daughter someday.  I'll be honest, I would be pretty heartbroken if she was never interested, but thankfully for me it's all she's talked about for at least a year, & the time has come!  Her first lesson was on Thursday, & she was SO excited! 
Getting ready at home

Gotta try on those fun tap shoes too! ;)

Look at my pretty tutu!
I got this, Mom...


A little shy & nervous.  She needed a little pep talk from Momma, and finally teacher's hand to hold, but she did great!

Natalie & her new friends!  About time to close the door Mom & Dad!  See you soon! :)

Once she got over her shyness & jumped in, she had a great time!  I was so proud of her, and I think she was proud of herself too.  It's still pretty hard for her to meet new people & step away from mommy & daddy, but she did such a great job.  And she's been talking about all of the things she learned ever since! I think tutu's & costumes, tights & dance shoes, rehersals & recitals will all be in our near future!  (Yay! ;))

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, precious! Love the one you picked for your profile pic on FB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby girl's baby girl is growing up!!

    ReplyDelete